- To become a member of The Volcanic Hills Wine Lovers’ Guild you must complete our online membership application form. By completing the membership application form you accept and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- You are responsible for ensuring that all information that you provide to us is complete, accurate and up to date. You must advise us of any changes to your delivery address or delivery instructions.
- You may not purchase wine from The Volcanic Hills Wine Lovers’ Guild for the purposes of resale or trade.
- You are responsible for keeping your login and password secure and protected from unauthorised access. You are responsible for every selection made, and for all activity undertaken, using your login and password.
- By applying for membership of The Volcanic Hills Wine Lovers’ Guild and by selecting wines from The Volcanic Hills Wine Lovers’ Guild selection you are confirming that you are 18 years of age or older. It is illegal for us to sell alcohol to anyone under the age of 18.
- When you give The Volcanic Hills Wine Lovers’ Guild your credit or debit card details you are confirming that you are either the card holder, or that you have permission from the card holder to use the card for the purpose of ordering wine.
- At the same time each month we will debit your registered credit or debit card the amount that you have selected (the minimum amount is NZ$15.00 per week) as pre-payment for your next selection of Volcanic Hills wine. By logging in to your membership account you can check your pre-paid balance at any time. N.B. If we cannot take your monthly payment from your registered credit or debit card for whatever reason (for example, the card has expired), we will get in touch and request new card details.
- To select the Volcanic Hills wines that you want delivered to you, simply log in to your membership account and make your selection. You can choose when you complete your selection and how much wine you select. If you select wines that total more than the amount you have pre-paid, we will debit your registered credit or debit card the difference.
- If any amount charged to your credit or debit card is declined, we will not process any selection that has not been fully pre-paid and we will contact you to make other payment arrangements.
- While we make every effort to deliver the wines you have selected, we reserve the right to cancel your selection if we cannot fulfil it for any reason. If your selection is cancelled we will contact you to explain why and we will refund the purchase price and delivery fee (if any).
- Our standard delivery service is next business day (Monday to Friday) to most North Island addresses (Rural delivery and some areas are two business days) and 3 business days to South Island addresses, when you complete your selection before 3pm. Please note that these are delivery targets and are not guaranteed, we are not liable for delays in delivery. The delivery charge is NZ$5 OR it’s free if there are 12 bottles or more.
- You must advise us as soon as possible if the products delivered to you do not match your selection, the products are damaged or if you do not receive your selection. [In the case of damage, we may require you to provide us with further details, including photographic evidence of the damage.]
- Delivery takes place when products are left at your delivery address or with someone else in accordance with your standing delivery instructions. Risk and ownership in the products passes to you on delivery. We are not liable for any loss or damage that occurs after delivery.
- If your selection goes missing, or is damaged, between dispatch and delivery, we will send you replacements as soon as we can. If we are unable to dispatch replacement wines for delivery within 7 days of you contacting us and letting us know that there is a problem, we will refund the purchase price and delivery fee (if any).
- Any promotions, discounts or vouchers are single use only and not to be used in conjunction with any other promotion, discount or voucher unless otherwise stated.
- Products offered by us are displayed on our website(s) in ‘real time’. This is to say that any product may be withdrawn from offer without notice.
- All of our wines are covered by our money-back-guarantee i.e. if you’re unhappy with the wines then you can choose whether we give you your money back or substitute it with a wine that you do enjoy.
- We may refuse to accept an application for membership or cancel your membership (and any selections that have not been dispatched) at our sole discretion, including where you have breached any of these terms and conditions. If we cancel your membership for any reason, we will refund any unused pre-payments to your registered credit or debit card within [5 business days] of the date that we cancel your membership.
- You may cancel your membership of The Volcanic Hills Wine Lovers’ Guild at any time. If you cancel your membership for any reason, we will refund any unused pre-payments to your registered credit or debit card within [5 business days] of the date that you cancel your membership. You can cancel online on your account page or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, our liability for any defective products or for any cost, loss, damage or claim arising directly or indirectly in relation to any products supplied by us, whether arising under contract or in tort (including negligence) or otherwise, is limited to providing you with a refund of the purchase price and delivery fee (if any) paid for the affected products or replacing the affected products. Nothing in these terms affects any rights that you have under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993.
- Amounts pre-paid by The Volcanic Hills Wine Lovers’ Guild members are held by us in a separate bank account.
- We’ll do everything we can to resolve any complaint you may have. You can reach us at email@example.com.
- We may amend these terms and conditions from time to time by with or without notice and we recommend that you check these terms periodically. Your continued membership and continuing to select wines after these terms and conditions have been amended indicates that you have accepted the new terms and conditions.
- References in these terms to “us” “we” and “our” are to Green Rocket Limited.
- [Unless otherwise stated,] all prices on the website www.volcanichills.co.nz are in New Zealand dollars.
- These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of New Zealand.
Wall Posts – Yes, it is planned that there will be a comments field so members of The Volcanic Hills Wine Lovers’ Guild can review products.
- If you post a comment on any of the public walls around the site, your comments will be in the public domain and will therefore be visible to anyone who visits the site.
- (Not sure where Comments field will sit at this stage so may or may not be on their profile page) Again, wine ratings & comments posted on your Guild profile page will be fed through to the relevant wine page, and therefore visible to anyone who visits the site.
- (Not sure if this functionality will be available) If you don’t want your Guild wall conversations to be visible, then please set your profile to ‘private’.
When you join The Volcanic Hills Wine Lovers’ Guild, we collect the personal information that you provide to us in your membership application form. We collect this information, and the information that you give us each time you make a selection to enable us to administer your membership and payments and to process and deliver wines to you. The Volcanic Hills Wine Lovers’ Guild may also send you offers which we feel will be of interest to you. We also collect statistical information around email opening and clicks gathered using industry standard technologies.
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. You have the right to ask for a copy of the personal information that we hold about you, and to ask for it be to corrected if you think it is wrong. If you would like to ask for a copy of your information, or to have it corrected, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Volcanic Hills Guild uses PayPal to handle all payments securely, for more information regarding payment security please visit the Pay Pal website.
What about ‘cookies’?
‘Cookies’ are small pieces of information sent by a web server and stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive so it can later be read back from that browser. This allows your browser to remember some specific information. Our cookies enable us to store items in your shopping cart and to identify you on return visits. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually change your browser to prevent that. However, while most of the content of our website can be viewed without accepting cookies, the shopping facility feature of the site will not function properly when cookies are disabled.